Friday, July 13, 2007

What are you doing tonight?


In case you will be watching the little tv in the kitchen whilst canning 56 lbs of pickles tonight - what a coincidence that's what I'm doing, too - you might want to tune in Bill Moyers on PBS. Check your local listings. (My local listings say 8:30 central time).

Bill will have an hour long discussion on the possibility of impeachment for this maladministration. One of his
guests will be my local hero, John Nichols. The other will be some constitutional asshole from the Reagan administration. (Maybe he's not an asshole, but his cred says otherwise so I'm going with it.)

UPDATE: Wow, did I call that guy an asshole? Oh, no I didn't. Oh, yeah, I guess I did. But really, when an AEI/Reagan Admin/Guy who drew up impeachment papers against Bill Clinton makes such a fabulous argument for precedent in this case, well. I guess I have to take it back. There could be hope yet for all of America if this guy's on board. He did look and sound just like Gilbert Gottfried tho. Just sayin'.


John Nichols is the editor of my evening paper, the Capital Times, as well as the national correspondent for the Nation Magazine. W
e go way back. And if by way back you mean he autographed my book 'Dick' at his local kickoff booksigning gig and said he liked my sweatshirt on which I copied My Left Wing's saying 'rage rage against the lying of the right'; and that time we rubbed elbows at Russ Feingold's victory party. Oh, and when I saw him hanging in the crowd just before that unfuckingbelievably cold peace march on State Street in January. Yeah, way back.

Maybe they'll fill the scrip written by Dr. Zaius. Let's hope.






UPDATE PART DEUX: From the wish I cud rite good two file - Please see Matty Boy's take on the show. Well said! And here is the link to Moyer's show.



10 comments:

Yoga Korunta said...

Must go to bed!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I saw it and both guys had excellent points. It was amazing to see two men from different ends of the spectrum agree on so much. I almost cried tears of joy.

Splotchy said...

I just happened to stumble across this show tonight, and ended up watching it in its entirety.

It was fantastic. During portions of it my wife and I just kept looking at each other, with kind of a "hell, yeah" expression on our faces.

I had caught the first episode of Moyer's new show months ago, which was an indepth look at the Enron fiasco, but for some reason didn't think to regularly record future episodes.

That was rectified tonight.

I heart Bill Moyers.

Jess Wundrun said...

As my 4 yo would say: "That was totally AWESOME!!!!!"

Dr. Zaius said...

*sigh* I missed it. But I'm glad you found the Impeachamine!

Matthew Hubbard said...

Dr. Z... it's on PBS! It will be repeated many times. Check your local listings.

I made it the topic of my post today as well.

Suzy said...

Got home from a dinner date at 10:30, picked up my local evening paper to read (by golly, it's the Capital Times, just like yours!) and saw ... "CURSES! I missed John Nichols discussing impeachment on Bill Moyers!" I'll have to watch for reruns.

So ... yet another local blogger who reads the same blogs I do. There are a few of us. I've been thinking of having a little real world get-together, just to chat, since we can. Interested?

Drop a comment at my blog, if so. I won't be offended if you say no thanks.

QuakerDave said...

If the guy of whom you speak is Bruce Fein, you might be somewhat surprised at what he has to say.

Jess Wundrun said...

I absolutely was surprised, Dave! And well pleased, too. When staunch conservatives ACT like Americans and not just republicans, well, it gives me hope. btw - Mr. Nichols is also a Quaker.

Fran said...

Great thought provoking post Jess!