Friday, July 27, 2007

Has a new word been invented to describe Barry Bonds?




"That's enter-taint-ment
Like one of those reality TV shows, soon-to-be home-run king Barry Bonds manages to disgust and fascinate at the same time

July 8, 2007
BY JAY MARIOTTI Sun-Times Columnist
ST. LOUIS -- We watch Barry Bonds with part humor, part disgust, like a reality TV show that insults our intelligence yet still qualifies as required viewing. He's about to shatter the most revered record of my childhood, the 755 home runs of Henry Aaron, and much to my middle-aged horror, Bonds and his suspicious pedigree have reduced the moment to a freak fest, asterisk debate and nightly security challenge"


The rest of the article is here. And I can't stand Bud Selig.

5 comments:

Splotchy said...

Ack! And this article in one of my local papers!

I must ruminate in my isolation tank, and see where I strayed off my path.

Jess Wundrun said...

Don't be so quick to Ack! This article is ante-taint-bellum

Johnny Yen said...

I wish there was a way to keep him from breaking Aaron's record. Bonds is entirely classless.

Co-worker Phil had a brilliant post earlier this year about his theory that Bonds is getting his revenge against his alcoholic, dysfunctional father Barry Bonds by becoming a great player, then destroying the sport.

http://double-nickel23.blogspot.com/2007/02/so-barry-bonds-signed-one-year-contract.html

Johnny Yen said...

Doh-- that should have read "his alcoholic, dysfunctional father Bobby Bonds...."

Jess Wundrun said...

Barry Bonds and George Bush have some things in common other than baseball it seems.

Barry did A) then B) to destroy baseball; George skipped A) and went directly to B) to destroy the country.