Thursday, August 16, 2007


A guest on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now! program this morning discussed her psychological evaluation of Jose Padilla.

Result: Crazy.

Proof: Mr. Padilla wants his mother to contact George Bush because Padilla believes Mr. Bush can help him out of this situation.

That, my friends, is Stockholm Syndrome.

The rest of the details of his treatment are pretty shocking. Of course you know that. Her evaluation includes possible physical brain damage from his treatment, which she found unprecedented in her experience, which includes evaluations of prisoners in totalitarian regimes. (Am I being redundant?) When a link is available I will put it up.

4 comments:

Fran said...

We know who the real terrorists are... George, Dick, Condi and it goes on and on. They are the administration of mass destruction.

Oh I feel a post coming on! Back to my place!!

Suzy said...

Padilla's story is almost unbearably painful. Like John Walker Lindh's.
Yeah, the real terrorists are in Washington, on Fox News, etc. Crap.

Johnny Yen said...

I'm sorry, but isn't that a scene from "Brazil?"

Fran said...

Thanks for the inspiration for a post that I truly felt came from not just me, but from you too.