Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SOTU at the Wundruns




It took an awful lot to get through it.

I perked up when he started talking about exploring alternative energy sources. I did tequila shots when he mentioned that those sources are coal gasification and nuclear energy.

A whole 'nother year. Sigh.

Also: Right after the speech, NBC did an unpaid 5 minute advertorial with Mitt Romney. What gives? Romney promised us that he would stay the course by being the agent of change. His hair looked Great! Then, following a fantastic rebuttal by Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius (read it here) the same favor was done for Obama and Clinton. Where was Edwards?

7 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

I missed it, but I would have been doing tequila shots right there with you.

dguzman said...

Me too, and I don't even like tequila shots.

Anonymous said...

Phew! Thanks for slogging through that! I just couldn't do it.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I see what the kids had, so tell us what did you and Mr. Wundrun drink?

(I love Penfolds wine.)

Distributorcap said...

there isnt enough tequila in manhattan to make me watch him

The Cunning Runt said...

Sorry Jess, John Edwards was busy speaking Truth to Power. And Power ain't gonna broadcast it.

Glad you had the "resources" to get through it. I semi-listened via a "live" stream (slightly delayed) on the 'puterbox, but my ears got clogged with the bullshit, so I missed a lot.

Fran said...

I just drank. Why listen or watch was my philosophy?

I think I would have had some better drinking opportunities if I had been at Casa de Wundrun however!

I think Edwards is gone. Really sad. Not just because I like him, but because it speaks volumes about how politics and power work in our country.