Friday, November 30, 2007

A Word About the Cheesehats



Often, coverage of Packer games on television leaves one with the impression that the foam cheesehead is required at all home games. I am here to tell you that that is not the case. Season ticket holders (aka luckyfreakingbastards*) never wear them. At all Packer away games you will see far more cheeseheads in the stands than you do when the Pack is back at Lambeau Field. Only people who think everyone wears them wears them. And they quickly learn the truth.


*There are 57,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets. The Packers website says that wait is about 30 years. That is a lie. Only if 1900 tickets get freed up every year would you get your tickets in 30 years. It's a guess, but I think about 2 tickets (not together) become available every year.

2 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

I wanted to wear my cheese hat to the game. I am afraid that I ate mine before the game started! Might I have a nibble of yours? I'm famished!

Randal Graves said...

Before the NFC championship game, 'they' - always 'they' - need to invent the James Bond cheesehead that fires steel bolts at the football when Tony Romo passes it, thereby deflating it just enough so it floats into the hands of a waiting Packer defender.