Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Can't Tell the Snark from the Real Anymore

I was reading the Rude Pundit yesterday when I came across this quote that I thought only the Rude would have the balls to make up:

"This time Gen. Petraeus returns to Washington having led one of the most remarkably successful military operations in American history."


But have you seen who really said it? Lindsay Graham and Joe Lieberman. Honest to pete they really did. And then the Wall Street Journal published it with a straight face.

So, I guess suck it Jimmy Doolittle, or for that matter anyone who survived the Normandy Invasion.

I'm off to google the word "hyperbole".

7 comments:

Claire said...

If I lived in Connecticut, I'd start a petition to recall Joe Lieberman.

Claire said...

On the other hand, I guess he's still needed in the Senate, since someone needs to be around to remind McCain of the difference between Shiite and Sunni.

Sorghum Crow said...

"one of the most" must have included the top two million operations. I suspect his ranking paralleled McCain's ranking at Annapolis.

Dr. Zaius said...

Freedom Fries are on the march! If we have any more success, the United Sates will become a third world country.

dguzman said...

I'm still reeling from this quote. Exactly WHICH "most remarkably successful military operations" did The Little General Who Couldn't lead? Are Lindsay and Joe Idiot talking about the last time Betrayus took a successful dump, or what?

Distributorcap said...

ok if this is such a success
pack up and come home

Joe said...

Unbelievable.