I love to read people's Friday Random ten posts to see inside the minds of fellow bloggers through their music choices. Now there's a meme going around that sheds further light on peoples music tastes by asking 22 questions to be answered by whatever "shuffle" on an iPod says.
Franiam tagged me with this meme.
I must say though, that I don't have much music on my iPod because it is mostly filled up with books. A cupla books will eat a gig fairly quickly. This is the reason I never post the random tens. But I tried this just for fun, and here is what I came up with:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT(this is in capital letters, so it is very serious.
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? Now I know how Morrissey felt - Mika
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? - Gone Today, Ollabelle
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? - All American Courage, Alan Jackson*
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? - Grace Kelly, Mika
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? You are my sunshine, Carly Simon
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? Catch the wind - Donovan
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? Color me America, Dolly Parton*
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? The Ballad of the Green Berets, SSgt Barry Sadler*
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Flathead, the Fratellis
10. WHAT IS 2+2? Quiet Evening, Carly Simon
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Holloway Road, Ollabelle
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Sight of my Homeland, Tim Janis*
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? I will go sailing no more, Randy Newman
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? The Rain, K-OS
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Save Room, Jon Legend
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? The Ragged Old Flag, Johnny Cash*
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? Beautiful Disaster, Jon McLaughlin
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Little Wonders, Rob Thomas
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Jerk it out, Caesars
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? I think it's going to rain, Bette Midler
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Born Losers, Matthew Good
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? Have a little faith in me, John Hiatt
*All the entries marked with an asterisk are there because I made a playlist for a fourth of July picnic with patriotic songs. But doesn't everybody have "The Ballad of the Green Berets" on their iPod?
This ponzey scheme ends with me. Surely four angels and six snowflake babies will die if I don't continue the chain, but there it is.
Enjoy John Hiatt.