The McCain Campaign, dewy with anxious flop sweat, has determined that the road to the Whitehouse is not paved with anything, but that it is indeed just a muddy rutted back-country road.
Today, free from fear that someone will call her on her bullshit, Sarah Palin called Obama a terrorist for palling around with William Ayers, a 60's radical member of the Weather Underground who is now a professor of English at the University of Illinois in Chicago. Every leading mainstream newsource has discredited any association between Obama and Ayers as a passing acquaintance.
Righties have been trying to push this meme for longer than the Jeremiah Wright canard. One would almost think that Obama hates his country so much he would sleep with a secessionist, and that secessionists business partner to boot. (I mean of course, Todd Palin and his ex-business partner, in case you hadn't heard).
Inside that glass house of Ms. Palin's from whence she is tossing these stones are the other glaring inadequacies of her own:
- Drug-addicted son with anger management difficulties swept off to Iraq.
- Pregnant teen daughter set to wed high school drop-out boyfriend.
- Illegal tax evasion for not paying taxes on unethical per diem charges against the State of Alaska, taken for the days she stayed home and worked out of her house in Wasilla
- The bending of zoning rules for her own profit while mayor of Wasilla
- The failure of the new Alaska pipeline, thanks to a plan to build it straight through Native American property in Canada (that would require diplomacy with a hostile foreign nation, I guess). Even though Palin asked constituents to pray that God's will be done in building the pipeline.
- The continued lie about a "Bridge to Nowhere" and reformer fight to take on her own party. As yet she has not distanced herself from indicted Senator Ted Stevens
- The witch hunting pastor.
- The troopergate coverup
- The tens of thousands of dollars in gifts she received illegally while in office.
- The number of people she had fired for disloyalty
- Defying open records laws by conducting government business on an easily hackable yahoo mail account.
- Todd Palin's inclusion in government business.
- All the hypocrisy.
Add yer own.