Thursday, October 9, 2008

True Story


Artie (Republican Dude or R.D.) at work says that the economic mess is the fault of poor people who took out mortgages they can't afford. I argue that is why we have government oversight, to prevent predatory lending practices. Me: blame goes to predatory lenders. He: blame goes to irresponsible borrowers.

Not two minutes after above debate, he tells me that if he had foreseen the current economic crisis he wouldn't have bought the house he is in.

"Why's that" I say, just wondering.

"It's too much mortgage for me".

Kid you not. Exact quotes.

7 comments:

Fran said...

It's a special brand of fucktardery, isn't it?

Claire said...

what Fran said. Seriously, "hello kettle? this is the pot. You're black!" (not original, sadly, but can't remember whence it came)

Randal Graves said...

It's like bringing up health care.

"We need universal health care."

"Hannity talking points."

"You're nuts."

"Sorry, I'm just crabby. I haven't been able to pay all these outstanding medical bills."

Dean Wormer said...

Holy shit.

Self-awareness is not a wingnut trait. The lack of same is the only thing that gets them through the day.

Sorghum Crow said...

All the foreclosees are miserable, poor, freeloading malcontents, except for me, that is. I am a victim.

Comrade Kevin said...

Everyone else screwed up and deserves to suffer except me, in other words.

The self-deception of some people amazes me.

Anonymous said...

Well, ya know, all those poor minorities got those bad mortgages they can't afford by running into loan offices, Glocks drawn and demanding a subprime mortgage or else someone was going to taste lead.

I work in Republican cognitive dissonanceville. The victim is always the guy with the most.