Friday, May 2, 2008

More About Me, meh.





* The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.


* Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.


* At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


1. Ten years ago I was:

Married to someone else and building a house that I designed. (Yep, I was the general contractor after I fired the guy who was a friend of the ex's) He still lives there. I wish I could've kept the stove - it cost more than one of the cars we have today.


2. Five Things on Today's To Do List:

-Pack for me, kids, dogs to go to Milwaukee to clean up an apartment a tenant just left in a bad state.

-Take Ima to kindergarten orientation

-Go to Lotta's "Reader's Theater" presentation

-Try to find Ima's immunization record. Will give up and call for the clinic to fax me yet another one.

-Stop at favorite truck stop on way to Milwaukee for dinner.

3. Things I'd do if I were a billionare

* Build new homes in New Orleans on a totally new, independent, green power grid.

* Travel obsessively

* Kick Donald Trump in the nuts for being such a dickwad and then laugh at his puny helicopter.


4. Three Bad Habits

* Procrastination

* Poking at trolls with sticks

* I drink too much diet soda.


5. Five Places I've lived

* Oshkosh, Wisconsin - when they still made the overalls there

* New Brunswick, New Jersey - the train conductor said "ElizabethMatawaaaaanEastBrunswickNewBrunswick....."

* Richmond, Virginia - Ben calls it the city of Second Place Trophies for all the Civil War statues in town. I love you, Richmond. Take a joke, please.

* Milwaukee, Wisconsin - On days you didn't smell the foundry to the west, you could smell the mash cooking at Miller Brewery to the east. Contrary to what you might think that's not a great smell.

* A suburb of Madison, Wisconsin (where I am right now. Look at me on Google Earth! I'm right by the window. Wave! Hi there! Ben, put your damn pants on, people are looking!)


6. Five Jobs I've had in life:

* clerk at Ben Franklin store

* Sampler at grocery stores for 7 UP.

* Sales & Marketing Manager for a cat toy company

* Estimator for a construction company

* Lunch lady at a daycare center.

I am going to tag Yoga Korunta, Dr. Zaius, Dean Wormer, ed, and Germaine Gregarious.

10 comments:

Claire said...

Very interesting! I have a friend from Richmond; she and her husband are Civil War reenactors. Confederate. I like to tell her that the South isn't going to rise again, but if it does, we'll kick it right back down.

Dr. Zaius said...

I would like to drive a stove to work every day. I could make bacon and eggs at the stop lights! I would need a toaster for the passenger seat. Ya gotta have toast with your eggs! It's the rules. For lunch I will go to the lunch lady though!

Dr. Zaius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randal Graves said...

I have to stop commenting after dr. zaius since there's a good chance he'll mention a food item, and a great chance it'll make me realize I'm hungry.

I refrained from swearing so you can get that genius rating. Hope it helps!

dguzman said...

Fascinating stuff, Jess. You've had some really weird jobs!

Fuck the genius rating, Randal--cuss it up, son!

Yoga Korunta said...

Golly, it's time to get back to blogging. Thanks, Jess!

Fran said...

You are one interesting woman Jess. I hope you can become a billionaire; you've got great plans sister.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I would have guessed Journalist? Writer/Reporter, no? Editor? Hmmmm.

Distributorcap said...

you lived in new brunswick, so did i -- four long years at rutgers

Ed said...

You tagged me, remember? It was kind of a long time ago, but I finally finished the darned thing.