Thursday, May 15, 2008

I wonder if he crosses his fingers behind his back

In remarks before the Knesset in Israel today, President Bush said "We believe in the matchless value of every man*, woman*, and child*. So we insist that the people of Israel have the right to a decent, normal, and peaceful life, just like the citizens of every other nation*. We believe that democracy is the only way to ensure human rights. So we consider it a source of shame that the United Nations routinely passes more human rights resolutions against the freest democracy* in the Middle East than any other nation in the world."







If this is his vision for a free democracy, or the type of democracy he dreamed of bringing to the oppressed people of the world, I think we can understand what went so terribly wrong.

By the way, in his speech he mentions the democratically elected Hamas only long enough to claim that they want to "wipe Israel from the map". He mentions Palestine or the palestinian people exactly never. I don't say that in support of Hamas, but in grasping the reality of the situation on the ground. Something Mr. Bush has no real interest in doing.


*Much like the game where you read your fortune cookie fortune with the suffix "-in my pants", the statements of George Bush need to be read with the silent suffix -"unless you're Palestinian".

11 comments:

dguzman said...

As if a visit from Slappy isn't enough, I've tagged you. Please come by to see the virus I gave you. Sorry, but there is a cream you can put on it that makes the burning go away. Sorta.

Jess Wundrun said...

it's silly to think there were ever any Palestinians

Utterly amazing. The single stupidest comment I have ever read on the interwebs.

I was going to delete your post, but I think I'll keep it up, maybe even put it in my sidebar as a shrine to how seriously American schools are failing our people.

Wow. Just Wow.

no_slappz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jess Wundrun said...

No_Slappz, You've crossed the line back into bizarre stupidity, (and I suspect a lack of much needed prescription medication) and thus I've deleted this and future comments.

That gem above stays.

Dr. Zaius said...

Until recently, Palestinians couldn't vote. That says it all.

Jess Wundrun said...

Dr. Z- it seems they couldn't vote because they don't exist

no_slappz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
no_slappz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ed said...

As I understand it, Hamas has actually changed their official stance and claims to be committed to coexistence with Israel.

I like that fortune cookie game. I've always played it by adding "in bed", but that's going to have to change.

no_slappz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ed said...

I would respond to Mr./Ms. Slappz, saying something along the lines of "I get that information by reading the news", but it's not worth it.