Friday, September 21, 2007

Went back to yoga


After a brief absence of two and a half years I went back to yoga class yesterday. I was worried that I'd forgotten the poses but I did remember to just copy the guy in front of me when I couldn't see the teacher.

Fortunately the guy in front of me wasn't this guy.


During class I remembered just how much I had liked yoga in the past and wondered why I ever stopped going.

Particularly because what other exercise class can you take that ends like this:



That's right folks. I may be too old and fat to do a decent downward dog any more, but I can take the 15 minute nap at the end of the class better than anyone! If there is a savasana competition let me know - I am in!!!

8 comments:

dguzman said...

You'd have to beat me to the mat, baby.

dguzman said...

Oh dear, that sounded a little untoward, didn't it?

Suzy said...

After many different yoga classes, I used what I had learned and made up my own 20 minute routine, which I do pretty faithfully 6 out of 7 days a week. I have to get up obscenely early to let the dog out and give her insulin anyway, so I use that time. It's done near miracles for my chronic aches and pains.

Fran said...

Synchronicity! I too returned to yoga on Wednesday. Having never seen you, well I see the avatar, but you look so tiny and cute by the question mark that I'd think you're a veritable yoga pretzel!

Anyway, I think yoga is life changing in many ways and more than just physical.

That said- I'll give you a run for your money in the savasana competition!

Have you seen the blog on my 'roll, Linda's Yoga? It's pretty cool and Dr. MVM stops by too. He is my real guru!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Namaste, ya'll.

Dr. Zaius said...

I don't like yogurt. It's made out of friggin' microbe poop.

Sorghum Crow said...

Dog down is so old school, even my dog doesn't do it any more.

Whiskeymarie said...

Last time I took a yoga class, the teacher was 64 and totally kicked my behind.
I'm just going to invent my own form of yoga and do it at home. I believe it will involve cocktails of some sort.