Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Say a Little Meme with Me

The Delightful DGuzman of Impeachment and other dreams tagged me with a meme. Little questions, little answers. Let's see how this goes:

1. Clothes Shop: Savers. Like Goodwill, but money goes to Easter Seals. Whenever you take something there for donation, they give you a 20% off coupon. I started shopping there because the Wundruns are trying to only buy American made products or second hand items. I may never go back to "real" clothes stores again. Honestly, I've probably never bought nicer clothes for myself than since I started buying second hand. (Most of which have never been worn). My little secret is that I've been buying shoes there, too. An amazing amount of shoes come in never worn. I've taken to wearing chunky heels to work, I threaten Artie, the republican dude with a kick to the crotcheola if he pisses me off. Heels are very empowering. Whoops, I digress.

2. Furniture Shop: My sofas came from a local boutique and were manufactured in North Carolina. My kitchen set is a '50s chrome and vinyl retro deal I got at an antique store. My dining room table is from Ikea (it seats ten). My bed is still the one I had when I was married to the ex. Feng Shui acolytes will tell me I ought to get rid of it, what with the fact that ex boned his girlfriend on it. Oh well.

3. Sweet: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

4. City: Middleton Wisconsin, population 16,000. If I run for mayor, maybe the next stop would be the White House?

5. Drink: pinot grigio. (red wine makes my tummy go whoo.) I'll never turn down a Margarita on the rocks no salt, though.

6. Music: it dawned on me today that I have a thing for wussy bands: Cold Play, Snow Patrol, Oasis. But this is just a phase. It could be worse, I could have said Toby Keith.

7. TV Series: Mad Men

8. Film: Auntie Mame (but you knew that)

9. Workout: yoga. There's a nap at the end for pete's sake! Oh, and I should mention here that I finally got the kayak I was dreaming about last spring. More on that later.

10: Pastries: birthday cake (particularly if it is mine)

11. Coffee: Fair Trade whole bean. I like Guatemalan and Costa Rican. (Coffee is exempt from our 'buy American' program, though Maui Girl says I should buy Hawaiian Kona coffee.)

7 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

Ooooo, you did a nice job of this, Jess. I didn't realize you lived in Middleton; I have a sister in Verona. Maybe someday we will meet.

Joe said...

COol list. I can't wait to hear about your kayak. For all these years I've been canoing, I've not tried kayaking in 30 years.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I tagged you as well for another meme. It's fun and takes about 10 seconds to do.

Dr. Zaius said...

Yay! Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

Randal Graves said...

16k is far too large for a White House run. Not enough Joe Sixpacks and too many eggheads.

Unknown said...

Jess Wundrun,

I just came across your blog entry for yesterday where you mentioned trying to buy only American-made products. You might be interested in a site called BuyAmerican.com (www.buyamericanmart.com) - they only sell American-made products.

dguzman said...

Thanks for doing such a bang-up job on this, Jess! And BTW--I kinda agree that you should dump the bed that ex slept on (esp since he boned someone else on it)-- OR you could just burn some sage and kinda waft it all over the mattress. That'll cleanse it.