Monday, October 20, 2008

Lotta Wundrun; Conversations with the 7 yo

Lotta: Momma, if you could go back in time and change anything what would it be?

Me: How far back can I go?

Lotta: 7 years. [ed. note- 7 years = 1 lifetime to a 7 yo]

Me: Could I cheat and go back 8 years?

Lotta: Sure.

Me: I'd go to Florida and work my butt off to make sure they changed those butterfly ballots that gave the Jewish vote to anti-Semite Pat Buchanan and 500 too many votes to George W. Bush.

Lotta: If I could go back in time I'd go back 2000 years and stop the first war.

Me: Oh, sweetie, the first war was probably 200,000 years ago when more than 10 cavemen decided they all wanted a bigger piece of the mastodon.

Lotta: (60 Minutes piece on the War in Afghanistan is on TV) Well, I'd like to go back and stop this war.

Me: If Al Gore had won we wouldn't have had these wars. So my trip to Florida would save you your trip.

8 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'll get to work on that time machine right away.

Sorghum Crow said...

Nice. I love philosophy. And time travel. Has your 7 yo started reading The Magic Treehouse books?

Anonymous said...

Smart kid.
Gets it from her mama.
;)

Dr. Zaius said...

As an a simian that is well acquainted with the intricacies of traversing through the portals of time, may I say that you have a keen grasp of all things temporal. Have you met Dr. Who?

Omnipotent Poobah said...

From the mouths of babes. It's amazing a 7 year old can grasp the concept, but the Idiot-in-Chief and his wannabe buddy can't.

Comrade Kevin said...

This guy wouldn't have voted Nader in 2000, for sure.

dguzman said...

I gots lotsa love for Lotta. Wise kid.

Dean Wormer said...

Yes, but if on her trip to prehistory she did something to make sure women were in charge there probably wouldn't have been any of those wars.