Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympic Size

Hi all. I'm back. What'd I miss? Ha. I was paying attention. Apparently 11,000 people are competing in sporting events in China, but without cable I was able to watch only one. Let me say I think Michael Phelps is outstanding. I think media coverage of Michael Phelps sucked. Dear NBC: every other swimmer in that pool also spent nearly every day of their lives in the water, deserving their own moment in the spotlight. But every 'caster just had to ask every athlete they talked to about whether they'd maybe gotten to touch the sacred hem of Phelps swim trunks.

Oh well. I tivo'd the Olympics while I was away and spent a good deal of today looking through the stuff I missed last week.

On NBC's enhanced coverage through our DirectTV I found this little gem. It's an isolated camera on Usain Bolt's "stride" and "celebration" in slow motion. Ladies, you'll notice if you watch to the end of the short clip that Mr. Bolt doesn't wear any impeding undergarments that reign in his "celebration".

Ben had to tell me to quit looking.

Wowzah.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot! Something to occupy myself with tomorrow at work.

I mean, besides lots of very important work, of course.

Fran said...

Yay- you are back. Hope a good time was had by all.

I just was ranting about the Olympics and the... well nevermind.

You are back.

It is all that matters!!

dguzman said...

Glad you're back, and thanks for the warning. I won't be clicking on that link -- icky!

Claire said...

If I see one more shot of Debbie Phelps, I'm going to drive to Baltimore and slap her. Seriously, the Olympics coverage has boiled down to every single medalist being asked "so! What did YOU think about Michael Phelps?"

Comrade Kevin said...

You mean "the running of the balls". It's an easy mistake to make.

Dr. Zaius said...

Usain Bolt looks like he got his shoes from The Unconventional Conventionist. :o)

I hope that you have been watching Olympic Women's Beach Volleyball. Ranked 13th, Belgium made a rousing comeback against the US team before being slaughtered 24-22, 21-10 on Friday by Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor's rich, creamy American bikini goodness. Take that, you waffleheads! The US will advance to the Olympic Women's Beach Volleyball quarterfinals.

Suzy said...

Couldn't watch it without a plug-in. Darn. Will you describe it for me?

Jess Wundrun said...

Suzy:

the audio--wap wap wa wing wap wap.

(I think he bruises his hips and thighs when he runs)